Jordan School District Policy
● www.netsafeutah.org - a broad-scoped, commercially produced, training program for students of all ages, educators, parents, and trainers.
● https://www.commonsensemedia.org/ -supports K–12 schools with resources educators need to instruct the next generation of digital citizens.
● www.utahpta.org/netsafety - Internet safety resources collected by the Utah PTA.
● http://womenfordecency.org/white-ribbon-week/ - Internet Safety program for students and families that is most frequently sponsored by a local PTA organization.
● www.utahnetsmartz.org - a commercially produced training program for students of all ages, educators, parents, and trainers.
● ikeepsafe.org - a commercially produced training program for students of all ages, educators, parents, and trainers.
● www.uen.org/core/edtech/ - State of Utah Educational Technology Standard for Students.
Chromebooks will be issued to every student at KPMS and are an integral part of our learning. Each student will keep the same Chromebook the entire time he/she is a member of the Kelsey Peak student body. The Chromebook will remain the property of the Jordan School District and you will need to follow the Acceptable Use Policy to use the computers and Chromebooks provided by our school. Be sure to read the policy in its entirety, and ask an adult if you have any questions or concerns.
- Expectations for Storage & Safety
- Chromebooks are student responsibility once checked out to them.
- Chromebooks may be taken home.
- Chromebooks need to be fully charged by the student so they can be used daily.
- Loss or Damage of Chromebook
- Students should immediately report any malfunctions or damage of the Chromebook to a classroom teacher or administrative staff member at school.
- The parent/student will be responsible for the repair/replacement cost of any damage to the Chromebook. The parent/student will be responsible for the replacement of any lost or damaged Chromebook
- Chromebook $200
- Screen replacement $35
- Charger $40
- Keys $7.50 (each)
- Opt-Out Options
- Parents/Guardians may buy their student their own Chromebook
- If a parent chooses to buy their student his/her own Chromebook that device will only be allowed to access the internet via JSD Guest.
Hotspots are available to check out for those students who do not have internet access at home. Please inquire in the Media center.